Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication process that allows you to log into The Bot Platform using your ideal identity provider (IdP). The IdPs currently available on the platform are:
Azure Active Directory
SSO allows you to create a single, secure login process for all users accessing The Bot Platform.
How it works
Setting up SSO for your organisation
1) Before setting up SSO for your organisation, you need to make sure:
you have each user’s identities on your IdP.
you are the admin of your TBP organisation, in order to set up SSO via a dedicated organisation setting page. If you need any more help with this, please contact your Customer Support Manager.
2) Log in to the platform and click on the organisation button at the top, right hand corner of your screen:
3) Once you are in your organisation, click on SSO in the left hand menu:
4) Choose your IdP (identity provider)
5) You can now configure your settings
Your IdP requires some information from us - these are Entity ID and Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL). You will find them in our SSO settings page. Paste them in the appropriate fields in your IdP's control panel and save.
Once you've done that, we will need some information from your IdP. You will be asked to provide:
Identity Provider Issuer
To make things easier for you, we've labelled the fields according to how they're named on the IdP's side.
6) Once you have added in all the settings, click save. The SSO Authentication page will now show the following information:
Identifier (Entity ID)
Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL)
Azure AD Identifier
You will be asked to log out and log in again using SSO to activate your SSO configuration.
You will have to add each user’s identities on your IdP in order for SSO to work. Users will not be able to log in via SSO unless their information has been added to the correct page in your desired IdP. If a user is having issues logging in with SSO, please double check their details are correct in the IdP's database.
To disable SSO, go to the SSO Authentication Page and click on the "Remove SSO" button next to the "Save" button:
You will then be asked to confirm the deletion, before it is finalised.
Logging into SSO as a user
1) Simply head to The Bot Platform and click on "🔒 Log in with SSO":
2) Enter your email (which has been added by your TBP org owner) and securely log in.